Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Dad's the way it is...

I am one of those "mad about movies" people...I lovvvve the feeling I get when I am in a theatre and the lights go off and the film titles begin...There is a rush of excitement, like a kid would feel when watching his/her first film in a theatre...no matter how many films I watch, that feeling has stayed with me...I have gone around telling friends about this, hoping someone would give me that look of complete recognition that said "Hey, me too!"...but that has never happened...they just politely, and sometimes confusedly, nod...

Then one day, I went to watch a film with my Dad after a very long time...just Dad and I...as we settled down in our seats, we both inhaled deeply and relaxed and waited in awed anticipation for the action to start...as I looked at Dad's face in that moment before the film began, I saw the same feeling I used to get. I realised here was a twin soul! How could I have missed it?! And then I remembered the countless times in my childhood when my Dad had forcibly made me sit on his lap and watch a film that I was otherwise too restless to watch. He would tell me about the next scene and the next song and he was a terrific story-teller (although years later, I rebelled against the forced viewing!)...Needless to say, I grew up to be just like him - mad about movies.

1 comment:

  1. Talk about Dad & Movies - unbeatable combo that...Can vouch for it myself, first-hand!!!

    ReplyDelete